Fiber Friends -
Fiber Friends is meeting again. Use of masks as appropriate, plenty of space for distancing while being social.
This informal group of fiber fanatics meets each Friday at Chautauqua Artisans Market, 629 N. River St, between 10 AM and 12 Noon. Participants spin, weave, knit, crochet, quilt or just visit and gain inspiration seeing what others are working on. If you need help with a project or just want an easy-going fiber support group to visit, join us any Friday morning. All are welcome!Come to historic Hot Springs for a "Fibercation"
See our stunning sandstone architecture, stroll our river walk, and stop by Fall River Fibers for shopping, a class or a visit. . Location Map for meetings and classes in Hot Springs.
Free Class Time
*"Weaving for the Beginner"
- Purchase a spinning wheel from Fall River Fibers and receive three hours of private instruction in addition to the "spinners package" that comes with your wheel.
- Purchase a floor loom from Fall River Fibers and receive six hours of private instruction in addition to the "weaver's package" that comes with your loom.
*"Spinning for the Beginner"
- Take a private lesson here in beautiful Hot Springs and learn the basics of four shaft loom weaving.
- Take a private lesson here in beautiful Hot Springs and learn the basics of hand spinning on a spinning wheel.
- Private or small group classes are available. Custom class series can be created for home-school groups or others. They may include; frame loom weaving, fiber dyeing with drink mixes or acid dyes, learning to spin with a drop spindle, rigid heddle weaving, needle or wet felting, crochet, or knitting.
Have something to Teach?
Do you have a craft, art or sustainable living skill you would like to teach, but need a space. Contact Terry to use the classroom space at Chautauqua Artisans Market.